Translate

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The New American School Prayer

As adults, our job is not to fail the next generation, our children.
Something very important to think about.


Poem by a Public High School Student

The New American School Prayer

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites
It violates the Bill of Rights
And any time my head I bow
Becomes a federal matter now.

The law is clear the law is precise
Prayer allowed is a crime of vice
For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.

In silence must we meditate
The name of God banned by the state.
We can curse and swear and dress like freaks
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.

They’ve outlawed guns but first the Bible
Quote the good book and you will be liable.
To drugs they tell us “Just say No”
But sex… be safe and then you go.

They elect a pregnant senior queen
But chastity is a distant dream.
They dare not teach us right from wrong,
They say those judgments don't belong.

We get our condoms, birth controls,
study witchcraft, new age and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It is scary here, I must confess.
Where chaos reigns the school's a mess.

So, Lord this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot

My soul please take.

Author:  Anonymous
Source: Fr. Bill Casey "The Quest for Peace".

In memory of the 7 people who have died in the 24 School shootings this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment